Experience & Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent commercial lending experience
• Background in financial institution’s commercial lending procedures
• Background in understanding legal documentation and loan operations for commercial lending purposes
• Good understanding of lending procedures, laws and regulations
• Proven organizational & customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication & strong computer skills including word and excel
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, math skills and sound knowledge of loan policy, compliance, loan operations and quality customer service
• Knowledge of loan structuring and ability to read and analyze a loan approval and file to ensure that all documentation and loan packages adhere to loan approvals
• Regular and reliable attendance
Specific Job Functions:
• Provides administrative assistance to the Loan Officers including updating loan data and assembling of documentation for loans
• Coordinates loan closings with attorneys, document preparation with the assistance of commercial lenders
• Completion of modification agreements, ordering of appraisals and environment reports and review of appraisals
• Assist loan officers with tracking all closing conditions of the loan and follow up with post-closing items in a timely manner
• Preparation of all non-recordable loan closing documents, commitment letters, attorney fee sheets, funding sheets etc.
• Ensures that the loan files contain documents with proper signature, legal descriptions, closing dates and other relevant data
• Prepares loan file with proper documentation for Servicing to enter into the loan system
• Maintains existing Commercial loan files and sets up files for new loans and ensures that the information is complete and accurate before processing for approval
• Answers telephone and assists customers concerning routine loan inquiries and counsels customers with special needs or requests including the line of credit advances and pay downs
• Handles change of address notifications, payoff letters and processes construction advances, and partial releases
• Research, file and terminate uniform commercial code filings
• Reviews insurance policies for new loans and provides back up for commercial real estate loan administration functions
• Maintains knowledge of department policies and procedures through internal and external training activities
• Bank Secrecy Act responsibilities include identifying suspicious activity, reporting suspicious activity to the BSA Officer, monitoring high-risk loans, helping to identify high-risk customers, adhering to the Customer Identification Program (CIP) Policy, performing Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) checks, and completes annual BSA training
The above is a description of the ordinary duties of the position. It is expected that from time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and, therefore, required.
We want our Bank to be diverse, where employees and customers feel comfortable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply for this position, or to explore other career opportunities at MutualOne Bank.